What is it?
Car sharing is when two or more people travel together instead of in separate cars. They may alternate between cars, or regularly use a single car and contribute to the costs. The aim is to reduce the number of cars on the road being used to transport a single person. In this way car sharing can help to reduce congestion and consequently improve traffic flow and journey times during peak travel hours. Car sharing can provide a real solution where there is a lack of public transport in rural areas.
- It can save you money.
- It can reduce pollution from car emissions.
- It gives you company.
- It can reduce local congestion.
- It can save you time.
- It can be safer (e.g. having company if you breakdown).
- You can make new friends and meet your neighbours.
- It can reduce the use of limited fossil fuels.
Find a car share partner for your regular journey by registering at Car Share Devon
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01803 208823
- Fax: 01803 208882