Any Blue Badge holder may apply for a blue badge holder's parking place. The Council will consider the application.
- A disabled parking bay that is available for use by any holder of a Blue Badge near a hospital, clinic, doctor's surgery, chemist or other public building; This is dealt with as part of the councils parking policy.
- A dedicated disabled parking bay close to the applicants address that is used predominently by the holder of the blue badge corresponding to that address
In each case, the parking place will be sited as near as possible to the relevant building but we have to take the following into consideration:
- Traffic flow
- The interests of the owners and occupiers of adjoining properties
- Access to premises
- Road safety
- Existing parking restrictions
Any Blue Badge holder is able to park in a disabled parking bay.
Applying for a Dedicated Disabled Parking Bay at a private address
A dedicated disabled parking bay is predominently for the use of one specific badge holder. To obtain a dedicated badge holder's parking bay, a successful applicant must satisfy certain qualification criteria. To qualify for a dedicated badge holder's parking bay, you must hold a valid blue badge and:
- Drive your own car (Where a child is disabled, each case will be dealt with on its own merit)
- Have no access to private parking
The Council will make every effort to deal with applications as quickly as possible. However, putting in parking places involves consultation with statutory bodies and site visits.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01803 207753
- Fax: 01803 207639