The Torbay Mortuary Service is provided by South Devon Health Care Trust and handles deaths that have been referred to the Coroner or deaths where no death certificate can be issued.
- To provide facilities for the receipt and storage of bodies under the jurisdiction of H M Coroner, H M Coroners Act 1988 and Coroners Rules 1984
- To assist Forensic Pathologists with autopsies
- To provide facilities for the viewing of bodies.
- To provide information and advice.
- To be an integral part of the Emergency Service with its Major Incident Procedures in conjunction with the Police, HM Armed Forces and the Health Authority
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01803 614567 (24 hr)