Welcome to the Food Safety web pages of Torbay Council’s Environmental Health Department.
The Food Safety team at Torbay Council have a statutory duty to ensure that food businesses within the Bay comply with both food safety and health and safety legislation.
In order to help businesses comply with the legislation and ensure they produce safe food, the Food Safety web pages contain useful information on areas such as:-
- Food business registration
- Legislation and regulations
- Food safety management systems (e.g. Safer Food Better Business)
- Food poisoning
- Advice for businesses on setting up a food business, temperature control, cleaning etc
- Advice for consumers on food safety in the home.
We hope you find the information on our web pages useful and informative and should you require any further information or advice then please do not hesitate to contact the Food Safety Team.
In addition, if you have any comments or suggestions on how to improve this website please feel free to send them to us using the Feedback page in the main menu.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01803 208025
- Advice for businesses
- Business Continuity